I have spent the last few days watching my face book page and seeing many post on we should make sure that only American Citizens vote and shouldn't we all be for that. And this makes me very confused. I agree that only American Citizens should be allowed to vote, however....
Every independent study shows that the instances of voter fraud in the USA is so tiny that it's less than 1/10000th of a percent (voterfraudfacts.com) so why are we spending so much time worrying and passing laws to prevent something that isn't actually happening when we have actually problems that do need addressing.
Like the fact that over 10,000.00 people died last year because of gun violence, we're not sure how many because (and I can't believe this bit) the US government is legally prevented from keeping these statistics, they used to but the NRA successfully lobbied to have this stopped .
That women who volunteer to serve their country are being sexually assaulted and then the men who do it are given a slap on the wrist.
We have service men and women who's families are on food stamps while their spouses are deployed. (and we just cut that funding) and we have employers who pay their staff such low wages that $243billion dollars of government money is spent on these people so that they can eat.
We have companies neglecting their buildings and safety procedures so toxic chemicals are leaking into our drinking water and we have people who can set fire to their water.
We have small mom and pop stores on main street being forced out of business because people buy on the internet to avoid paying sales tax and the law that would make the playing ground fairer is stalled in committee.
And don't even get me started on the roll back of women's rights (that's a separate blog all on it's own)
I am NOT a Democrat or a Republican but a registered Independent and I see many flaws within both parties and I do not vote just for one party but always vote for who I feel is doing the best job, all I am saying is that, before going off on a rant on how we need to fix the voter fraud in this country and jump on your political pundits band wagon, just ask your self is this a real problem or an imagined problem.
No comments:
Post a Comment